Saturday, October 4, 2014

WHAT ABOUT THE HALF?????




I've been thinking alot lately about the half ... you know the increments that we are asked to rate our pain or how much better or worse we are feeling.... on a scale of 1 - 10 most times.

Well, sometimes I need a half, and there is no half.  Doctors or reporting entities don't want to know about the half.  The half is important to me though!!!!!  I want my half!

The half can be everything when I'm rating my abilities, how much I've improved, or not ... it might not be a full one point increment, but it's 4.5 and that .5 is important, I know my number isn't 4 and it isn't 5, so how am I suppose to respond?  

When you're chronically ill, you are very in tune to your pain, symptoms and abilities.  You don't want to downplay anything and you don't want to exaggerate, at least I don't.  

It seems like a small thing, a half, but to us it can be everything when you are trying to relay what is going on inside your body, and your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment